Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Face Your Fears!

Somehow the image of blood and flesh with a painful background score always flashes in front of my eyes whenever I hear the word ‘Operation’. Recently my grand mom underwent a hip operation and I was told to be in “charge” of Operation:Recovery and my vision blurred once again.

So I walk into Wockhardt Hospital at 8 am and I find myself in an elevator with an exceptionally wrinkled man who is weighed down by a life support system and wheeled by a tall nurse. I try to ignore the details and stop myself from calculating the pain the almost unconscious old man would experience if not for the drugs. The constant opening and shutting of the elevator at every level diverted my attention successfully but urged the nurse to start a conversation with me.

Nurse: Kisse Milne Ayee Ho?
Me: Meri Grandmother Se

Nurse: Kya Hua Unhe?
Me: Hip Joint Dislocation

Nurse: Operation Kiya Hoga Phir
Me: Haan, Thikh Tha

Nurse: Acha Hai, Inko Dekho (Runs her hand over the man’s shoulder). Inhe Gangrene Ho Gaya Tha. Amputation Karaya Aur Ab Nakli Taang Lagayenge…

I instantly looked at his feet which was now just a foot. I choked and pushed the button 4 frantically. Finally I made it to room number 436, saw my grand mom smile at me and settled myself besides her. A few minutes later I hear her and this other lady (benefits of twin sharing room I tell you) who underwent a Thyroid Gland Removal Operation exchange their mortal combat in the Operation Theatre!

5 comments:

Peaches & Pink said...

good start....way to go gurl :)

sahilforpeace said...

very well written .. applause .. no bad comments at all ...looking forward to more interesting stuff ..

wirajk said...

well written...but the old man had rather unfortunate and tragic exp...hope your granny is back to 100% in quick time...

why dont you have your name on your profile? i dont even know who you are...

richforthestars said...

Thanks Vandna, infact I just viewed your BLOG and I realized your my twin blogger!!

Slam Ill make sure that I keep this blog alive if you keep posting such PERFECT comments!! Haha

Wiraj NUT!! Its me RICHA!! I know I forgot to add my name but still... hehe!

MAGNUS said...

Hi saw your name on Abhinavs page. If you l ike Blogs check out mine. simba49 or sukhwant singh