Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Roger That!

After exchanging my music preferences with a very witty articulate and young at heart Gentleman, I receive this mail from him the following morning:

Roger Waters wrote this in memory of his late father who was with the Royal Fusiliers Company C and actually died in the War. This song wasn't included in the album The Wall, but the movie by Alan Parker incorporated it in two parts...wonder if you have seen that cult movie...!
When The Tigers Broke (Pink Floyd)
http://music.yahoo.com/Pink-Floyd/When-The-Tigers-Broke-Free/lyrics/2130682

To which my reply was:

Yes I did watch the movie The Wall, it is really dark and at times suffocating and I almost choked in a few scenes. The lyrics are very stirring I must say. No wonder Roger Waters detests war. I simply love his composition, Leaving Beirut
Leaving Beirut (Roger Waters)
http://www.roger-waters.com/lyricsbeirut.html

The following day I receive a text from him:
When I read that mail, I thought you were leaving FOR Beirut! :)

I chuckled and replied:
When I read your mail, I thought you ran away from the Zoo! :)

P.S. Do view the thought provoking lyrics of these two songs.

No comments: